Monday, January 17, 2011

My Food Philosophy

I believe in the following things:
You should eat whole grains and fiber (a clogged colon scares the crap out of me... bwhahaha)
Fruit is natures candy and you should eat a lot of it.
Garlic and Olive Oil - Need I say more?
Vegetables come in lots of pretty colors so eat those too.
Olive oil is the best ever
Garlic is a gift from the gods (who cares if you smell bad?)
Your food should have some FAT in it!!! - Not a lot but at least some. This is why:
Eating fat free food really defeats the purpose, it just leaves you hungry and not satisfied
You could develop an omega fatty acid deficiency... This is real I learned about it in my nutrition class.
Drink water and milk and juice and herbal tea.
Fish, chicken and turkey and usually cheap and really good for you... so eat that too.


Eat a real freaking treat every once in awhile! ENJOY YOURSELF and your butter covered rolls or your chocolately gooey brownie or your ice cream or your hamburger or whatever your preference is. Don't say you won't eat something ever again if you really love it... Really people, food is to be enjoyed and don't do something you aren't willing to do for the rest of your life or you are setting yourself up for only a temporary change and temporary results.


You will see these beliefs show up in what I make... but you don't have to agree with them.

I also love this food guide, this basically sums up what I think about how I want to cook... Minus the wine part... but I do put wine in my cooking. (Sorry it's kind of small but when I made it bigger it just kept cutting off part of it... I am not very great at this whole blogging thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment