Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Healthy Chicken Fingers, Potatoes, and Green Beans.

My husband loves chicken fingers - but normally they come battered and fried.  I made this healthy version to make him get the same feel of chicken fingers without all of that... not sure if it worked... but he liked dipping them in his potatoes. 
I made a marinade of of dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and olive oil. 

Butterfly a chicken breast. 

Pound to make it thinner. 

Cut into strips 

\

So I just cut up some potatoes into cubes with the skin on. 

And cut the ends of the turnips off and cut into the same size of cubes as the potatoes. Boil until both are tender. 

Chop up some almonds to cover the chicken with.  I also added some flax seeds.  


I had some fresh herbs so I chopped those up to put on the chicken. 




Take the chicken out of the marinade and cover with the herbs and then the almonds. 

Place in a baking dish and bake at 375 until done. 

I added some green peppers and pureed it.  The mistake I made was I added some milk  because I didn't know turnips hold more water than potatoes.  Try to mash them up first BEFORE adding any liquid.  This was really runny so I ended up drying it up in the oven a little bit - but it was still too thin - Sad day.  I spread a thin layer of cheese over the top too. 

So tossed some green beens to a pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper. 




HAHAHA Derek enjoying it... I know it looks like he's being forced.  He is so cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment