Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Broccoli pesto for my pasta!

This goes together so quickly! I love pesto, but buying enough basil to make it can be a lot of money, also Basil in my area turns bad rather quickly so it's hard to even keep it long enough to turn it into pesto.  I saw a broccoli pesto online so I made up this recipe that is super cheap, fast, and really lower in fat that normal pesto.   

Sorry this is really low quality - but I steamed the broccoli while I boiled my pasta. 


Then I added some fresh thyme and parsley, flax seed, almonds, and parmesan. 

When the broccoli is bright green, which doesn't take long, take it off the heat. 

add it to your processor. 

Mix up. 

Add vegetable broth a little at a time until it is thinned enough.  After that if you want you can add some olive oil for flavor, but it's not required.  

Mix with pasta in a different bowl and then place on a plate.  Sprinkle with some cheese if you want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment