Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chili made by a bean hater.

I have to say you may not consider this chili.  But this is a big step for me, I think this is first time I have actually put ANY beans in chili.  I am growing to like beans, but I still am a little weary.  Black beans are my favorite, so that's what I put in here. I used a lot of canned stuff because I was running out of food - so I guess it could have been a little bit more healthy, but you'll get the idea :D. 


I just chopped up everything, rinsed the beans and got everything all together.  So I had some bell peppers, onions, chicken, and canned tomatoes and corn. 
With oil soften garlic and onions. 

Add chicken and brown. 

Deglaze with tomatoes and add peppers. 

Add chicken and corn. 
I also added some tomato sauce, and some molasses. 
Add spices - I did Chili powder, Cayenne, Cumin, and some paprika.  Add olives.
Allow sauce to thicken to where you want. 
Add some cheese and sour cream if you want! 





No comments:

Post a Comment