Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs!


This is my husband's favorite!! One of mine too so we try and make it healthy! 

Add two slices of bread, oatmeal, and flax seeds.  
So we have our bread crumbs. 
I used some spinach and some orange bell peppers. I like the vegetables in meatloaf when you bake them instead of  pan frying them because it helps them stay moist where they tend to get dry in the oven and adds great flavor.  
So here it just shows 1/2 pound of turkey sausage, but I ended up using 1 pound.  I used three egg whites. 

Then I spiced it up and mixed up everything. 
Then add your bread crumbs a bit at a time until it is the right dryness.  Which is about what the meat is before you added the egg and vegetables and so it sticks together and can be handled easily. 

Spray a oven pan with oil. 
Roll into the size of meatballs that you want. 
I got this new tomato sauce and i am NEVER going back!!! It was wonderful.  No sugar, just sweet tomatoes!  I don't care if I have to pay more for it - soooo great!!
So when the it's all done you just plate it with some whole grain spaghetti and cheese of coarse!!!
I made this cute little one - Wish I had a little kid to feed it to!

2 comments:

  1. You can do so many amazing things with a food processor! I am not even including the amazingness that happens when I grate or slice stuff with it, let me tell you best thing that has happened to the cooking/baking experience!

    ReplyDelete